Avila Beach WallPhoto: Andrew Laverdiere, Creative Commons 2019
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed the seawall between the beach and Front Street in Avila Beach CA in 1937. That wall was replaced in 2000 and the corner piece with the WPA stamp on it placed in the park downtown.
Avila Beach History: (http://www.avilabeachpier.com/information/local-history.html), accessed February 4, 2018.
History in San Luis Obispo County: (http://www.historyinslocounty.org/Champions%20in%20Health%20Part%203.htm), accessed February 4, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on February 4, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE