School facility, Olton
A school construction project in Olton, Texas was undertaken in 1936 with Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) funds. The P.W.A. provided a $53,995 grant for the project, whose total cost was $120,000. Living New Deal believes this to be the facility located at the southwest corner of Avenue G and 7th Street.
P.W.A. Docket No. TX [W]1082
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 183.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 15, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE