Mural painted by Elizabeth Tracy, later known as Tracy Montminy, depicting the arrival of the first white settlers of Saugus. Originally installed in the since demolished police station on Taylor Street, it is now in the auditorium of the 1874 Town Hall.
"W.P.A. painting of Found of Saugus to be accepted at ceremony tonight." Boston Globe, November 20, 1936, p. 22.
Saugus Historical Commission. Saugus Center: A Historic Walk. 2005. (https://town.saugus.ma.us/HC/News/SaugusCenter.old.pdf), accessed October 5, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Ken Liss on October 6, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE