Russian Glutch State Park - 2
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) improved Russian Gulch State Park, as it did most of the parks in California’s newly-launched state park system in the 1930s. CCC Company 572 built a new park entrance and roads throughout the park, as well as fire breaks, hiking trails, a picnic area and campground, and a park visitor center. The latter is notable for a huge cobblestone fireplace on the south wall.
Engbeck, Joseph H., Jr. By the People, For the People: The Work of the Civilian Conservation Corps in California State Parks, 1933-1941. Sacramento: California State Parks, 2002.
Project originally submitted by Gray Brechin on February 24, 2008.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE