Russell Dougherty School
“This beautiful old native sandstone building, located in downtown Edmond, was erected by the WPA in 1941-1942.
It served as a Junior High School until 1957, and then as an elementary school. It is still in use today.
The school is named for Russell Dougherty, an Edmond native and the first graduate of Edmond High School killed during World War II.” (http://www.waymarking.com)
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM9196_Russell_Dougherty_School Marjorie Barton, _Leaning on a Legacy: The WPA in Oklahoma_, Oklahoma Heritage Association, 2008. Pg. 35.
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on July 21, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE