In 1942, the Washington Post reported the allocation of $20,448 to the Federal Works Agency (FWA) for new construction and/or improvements to the Rudolph Playground in the city’s northwest quadrant.
Today, park abuts the Washington Latin Public Charter School and is apparently part of the school’s recreation area. There is a baseball field and traces of an older field, as well as a soccer pitch. The ball fields very likely trace back to the New Deal work of the early 1940s.
“Lanham Act projects are approved,” Washington Post, October 15, 1942, p. B1
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on March 11, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE