rock wall showing extent of block
This rock wall was constructed 1935-1937 by the Works Progress Administration and partially encloses a city block. It is unknown the original purpose for the wall’s construction, though it now encloses the Old Jail Museum Complex.
WPA Marker embedded in rock wall.
"Old Jail Museum Complex." Palo Pinto County Historical Commission. Retrieved from www.palopintohistory.com June 28, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on June 29, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE