Raymond School PlaquePhoto courtesy of Jim Barclay, © All Rights Reserved
A school building built on land donated by Mary and Catherine Raymond at the end of Royalston Town Common, Raymond School bears a plaque stating: “Built by Work Projects Administration 1938-1940”.
The date of the land deed is 8/6/1938; however, town records in 1936, 1937 and 1938 show payments made to the WPA for administrative expenses, supplies and materials, labor, teams and trucks. The town made payments in 1937 for the storage of WPA commodities.
Town of Royalston Massachusetts Annual Reports.
Plaque on front steps.
Project originally submitted by Jim Barclay on May 29, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE