"The Old Tavern" Detail
This 16′ x 6′ oil on canvas entitled “The Old Tavern” was painted by Nicolai Cikovsky in 1937 for the former Silver Spring Post Office, under the auspices of the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.
When the old post office closed down in 1981, the mural was moved to the Silver Spring Public Library – which itself relocated in recent years to Wayne Avenue.
Project originally submitted by Robert Oshel on May 11, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE