The historic Prince Edward County Courthouse in Farmville, Virginia was constructed between November 1938 and November 1939 with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The building, located between Main St. and South St. south of W. 3rd Ave., is still in service.
PWA Docket No. VA [X]1294
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 121.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 29, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE