West New York post office
“The West New York post office, designed under supervising architect Louis Simon of the U.S. Department of Treasury and finished in 1939, exemplifies the growing popularity in the U.S. of modern architectural trends over traditional Classicism. … [T]he building retains its original exterior and a fluted frieze.” (On site historical marker)
Hudson County Historical Marker Post office cornerstone http://www.wpamurals.com/newjersy.htm
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 7, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE