Orange VA Post Office
The post office in Orange, Virginia was constructed in 1935 with Treasury Department funds. It is also the site of Arnold Friedman’s 1937 mural, “Upland Pastures,” painted for the Treasury Section of Fine Arts. Louis A. Simon was the Supervising Architect and Neal A. Melick was the Supervising Engineer.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE