Okemah OK Post Office
The post office in Okemah was completed in 1938 with funds provided by the Treasury Department. It is also the site of Walter Richard “Dick” West’s 1941 mural, “Grand Council of 1842,” completed with funds provided by the federal government and viewable in the lobby.
Park and Markowitz, Democratic Vistas, Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal, 1984.
Project originally submitted by Charles Swaney on February 13, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE