This 1940 Section of Fine Arts mural “Local Industry” by Jean Swiggett was originally created for the old Franklin post office. The mural is 14’6″ x 6′ and the medium is oil on canvas. It was moved to this location when that post office was replaced.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
A Simple and Vital Design: The Story of the Indiana Post Office Murals by John C. Carlisle
Information contributed by Indiana Division of Historic Preservation/Nicole Cory
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE