This distinctive building was constructed by the Treasury Department in the early 1931, just before the New Deal. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is no longer the post office, but the building is still standing and contains a New Deal mural by Paul Lantz. The mural “New Mexican Town” was funded by the Treasury’s Section of Fine Arts Program in 1937.
"The New Deal Legacy in New Mexico." National New Deal Preservation Association Pamphlet. Image at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/courthouselover/476868146/in/photostream/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE