Honesdale post office
This classic New Deal post office was constructed with Treasury Department funding, in conjunction with Public Works Administration (PWA), in 1935. The building, PWA Federal Project 332, houses a series of New Deal murals.
“On April 1, 1935 ground was broken for the present brick post office. In December 1935 equipment was moved into the building and the dedication was held December 13, 1935. The land was purchased for $8,500 and the cost to build was $60,000.” (http://www.waynehistorypa.org/plid/173)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 14, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE