Old Somerville MA Post Office
The former branch post office at 237 Washington St. in downtown Somerville, Massachusetts was constructed with federal funds. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986, the building was constructed in 1934 or 1935. It has since been sold.
The lobby of the old post office contains a New Deal mural entitled “A Skirmish between Bristish and Colonists,” which was painted in 1939 by Ross E. Moffett.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 20, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE