Old post office, New Castle, PA
The historic former post office building in New Castle, Pennsylvania was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds in 1933. The building is now privately owned.
“The primary razing of the old properties commenced in January 1933 and the construction phase got underway soon after. The new Post Office Building, designed by the architectural firm of W. G. Eckles & Company and costing about $210,000, was dedicated on Saturday, December 15, 1934, and fully occupied within the next six weeks. The downtown building was in use until a new Post Office facility opened on South Cascade Street in 1982. This building on the Diamond was later remodeled into a commercial office building known as the Olde Post Office Complex.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 7, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE