Waycross GA Post Office and CourthouseSource: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 19, Waycross Folder.
U.S. Post Office and Court House (1935)
Completed in 1913.
Architect: Lucius D. Allen
Extension completed in 1935.
Supervising Architect of extension: Louis A. Simon
The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia met here from 1926 until 1975.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, but currently vacant.
http://www.fjc.gov/history/courthouses.nsf/getcourthouse?OpenAgent&chid=DDB2B2D48350F4D38525718B005A63DF http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_courthouses_in_Georgia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Post_Office_and_Courthouse_%28Waycross,_Georgia%29
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 8, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE