Alexandria IN Post Office
The post office in Alexandria was completed in 1936 with funds provided by the Treasury Department. It is also the site of Roland Schweinsburg’s 1938 mural, “The Sledding Party,” completed in 1938 for the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE