Four murals depicting pivotal scenes from the history of Portsmouth, New Hampshire were commissioned by the federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) and painted by artist Gladys Brannigan. They were installed in the auditorium of Portsmouth Middle School (on Parrott Avenue) in 1936. The current location or status of the murals is unknown.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 2, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE