“It wasn’t until July 1933 when the WPA approved a request from the county to borrow the money from the federal government to build the course. Construction of the 18-hole course began in 1934. It opened in July 1936. Green fees were just 35 cents when the course first opened.”
Some additional funding ($3000) from the WPA went to building a clubhouse a year later — in 1937.
Project originally submitted by Erin TerBeek on October 15, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE