Peoria Jail House Museum
This small building was constructed as a jail by the Works Progress Administration in 1939. It was restored in 2002 and is now a museum. The building bears a WPA stamp to the right of its door.
National Archives and Records Administration, Records of the Work Projects Administration, Information Service, Primary File, 1936-42, Box 6, Folder 211-A.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on August 3, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE