Peace and Harvest, 1938-1939
Artist: Mary Andersen Clark
Each statue is approximately 8 ft. tall (male figure “Peace”, female figure “Harvest”)
These statues were designed by Ms. Clark as part of the Works Progress Administration Federal Art Project of Illinois. These statues have been moved several times, and originally did not have the bases they are placed on. Their original location was on the grounds of the Peoria Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium, which closed in 1975.
Project originally submitted by Barbara Young on February 15, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE