ObservatoryPark Avenue Observatory
The Park Avenue Observatory was built in 1934.
Park Avenue was built in 1933 by the Civilian Conservation Corps along the base of Mt. William as a scenic route into the city of Port Jervis and to provide employment to the people in Port Jervis. The observatory was built along the road the following year.
Minetor, Randi. Scenic Routes and Byways New York. United States, Globe Pequot, 2014.
Project originally submitted by Alex Ginella on January 1, 2021.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE