Palo Pinto County CourthouseThe Palo Pinto County, Texas Courthouse located in, Palo Pinto, Texas, United States. The Moderne style structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 17, 1997.
A 3-story Moderne building with Renaissance Revival elements. Constructed between 1940-42 by the Work Projects Administration and designed by architect Preston M. Geren, Sr., of Fort Worth, Texas
By 1931, Palo Pinto County offices were overcrowded. In 1939, the county commissioners proposed a bond election of $100,000 for construction of a larger courthouse. With bond approval in place, the county leaders called for a new Palo Pinto County Courthouse. To take advantage of federal work programs, the county applied to the Works Progress Administration (changed to Work Projects Administration in 1939) for labor.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on March 8, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE