Palmyra High School Stadium
Project type: Parks and Recreation, Stadiums
Started: 1936View Project in a Separate Window
Palmyra High School’s football stadium was originally constructed by the WPA in 1936, with a full grandstand, quarter mile cinder track, and football field with accompanying locker rooms. It was recently renovated by the Aliano Brothers and Garrison Architects, who describe the outcome as “A fully functioning stadium that stands once more as a monument to WPA and the restoration of the American spirit during the Great Depression” (https://www.alianoconstruction.com).
Project originally submitted by Steve Hoad & Robert Cooper on May 28, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE