“Palmer Park became part of the Chicago Park District in 1934, when the city’s 22 independent park commissions were consolidated into a new unified system. Later that year, park district art director James Edward McBurney created three murals for Palmer Park as a Works Progress Administration project funded by the federal government. The three are: “Native Americans,” “explorers,” and “Dutch settlers.”
Project originally submitted by Erin TerBeek on October 4, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE