Old Yuba City City HallNational Archives and Records Administration
In 1938, the Public Works Administration (PWA) provided funds for the construction of a new city hall in Yuba City CA. The building is single-story, stucco-covered with wood detailing, and a tile roof – a good example of the Mission Revival style popular in California between the wars.
The building was sold after a new city hall was built in c. 2008. The interior has been reworked for professional offices and — It is still called “Old City Hall” and the inscription “City Hall” remains over the front entrance, but evidently a plaque by the door has been removed.
National Archives and Records Administration (?)
Daily Pacific Builder, September 16, 1938.
Project originally submitted by Shaina Potts on June 24, 2010.
Additional contributions by Richard A Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE