All 17 schoolhouses in Framingham, Massachusetts were painted, remodeled, and/or repaired with federally funded labor during the Great Depression. The Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) was most likely the agency involved with work at the Wilson School.
The structures of the then-Woodrow Wilson School appear to have been replaced with modern facilities; a school of the same name continues to operate at the same location.
Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1943 (pg. 185-6) http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/topo/massachusetts/txu-pclmaps-topo-ma-framingham-1940.jpg
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 17, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE