The former schoolhouse in Andrix, sited in the Comanche National Grassland, was constructed in 1937 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA). It sat amidst former farmland that had been abandoned because of the Dust Bowl. The school is constructed from blocks of Dakota sandstone.
Information Provided by Stephen R. Jones in a report prepared for The Living New Deal.
Project originally submitted by Stephen R. Jones on August 15, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE