Northampton, MA Old Post Office
An extension to the old Northampton Post Office was constructed in 1938 with Treasury Department funds. It is located at 47 Pleasant Street, and currently houses various private offices. “The building was built in 1903 as a United States Post Office. It was expanded during subsequent years, then decommissioned and sold by the Postal Service in 1979. The building was renovated in 1990. It is constructed of stone and brick in Neoclassical design enhanced with two story graceful palladium windows, concrete columns, and impressive wood detail.”
Post Office Cornerstone. http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17756558/47-Pleasant-St-Northampton-MA/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on July 23, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE