The Colonial Revival style former post office was constructed in 1934, and currently is used as the Cleveland Police Department. The building was the first federal building constructed in Bolivar County (Fazio, et al., 1979).
Fazio, M. W., Parrish, W. E., Blackwell, T., & Frank, C. (1979). Nomination form for the National Register of Historic Places. Retrieved from: http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/nom/prop/3194.pdf Mississippi Department of Archives and History. Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved from: http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on March 5, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE