Campbell, OH old post office
The historic former post office building in Campbell, Ohio was constructed ca. 1939 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which housed an example of New Deal artwork, is privately owned.
Unfortunately, much of the concrete details on the building’s front, including the cornerstone, has been stripped off. Google Street View imagery of the building from 2011 shows that the cornerstone has been abused, and that the text has been largely destroyed. Fortunately, the New Deal mural had been removed from the facility into Campbell’s ‘new’ post office.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on August 23, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE