The first major federal Public Works Administration (PWA) project undertaken in Atlanta during the Great Depression was the city’s police station and jail. The PWA supplied a $257,000 loan and $97,460 grant for the project, whose total cost was $355,867. Construction occurred between February 1934 and May 1935.
The exact location and present status of the facility is unknown to Living New Deal.
PWA Docket No. GA 2983.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 12, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE