Old Mt. Upton Central School
The former Mt. Upton Central School, located on the west side of NY-8 just north of the intersection in central Mt. Upton, was constructed with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA provided a $62,000 loan and $26,757 grant for the project, whose total cost was $102,066. Construction occurred between Oct. 1934 and Nov. 1935. The school has since relocated, and this building is currently abandoned.
PWA Docket No. NY 6049
Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 22.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 14, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE