Multiple buildings on the grounds of what was then known as Norwich State Hospital were constructed as part of a federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) project during the 1930s.
The P.W.A. supplied a $213,582 grant for the bridge’s construction, whose total cost was $394,630. Construction occurred between Jan. 1938 and Sept. 1939.
PWA Docket No. CT X1315
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 2.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on August 25, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE