Women's quad at north end of campus, Northern Arizona University - Flagstaff AZ
The Public Works Administration (PWA) gave the Arizona State Teachers College a grant of $105,000 and a loan of $313,000 to build housing on the campus – today’s Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff. These were North Hall, expansion of Taylor Hall and Cottage City (see links to these projects at right).
The grant and loan also provided for the installation of a new heating system for the campus and fire escapes for all buildings.
In addition, a Civil Works Administration (CWA) project in 1933-34 allowed the campus to fence the athletic field and build bleachers, add roads and curbs, and remove an old railroad siding.
It is unknown to Living New Deal if any of these improvements remain.
Platt Cline, Mountain Town: Flagstaff's First Century. Flagstaff AZ: Northland Publishing Company, 1994, p 308.
Project originally submitted by Richard Walker on April 22, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE