Old Court Street subway station platformOld Court Street subway station platform with New York Transit Museum exhibits
The Fulton Street branch of New York City’s Independent Subway (IND) was constructed during the 1930s with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. On April 9, 1936, nine stations opened in Brooklyn, including the Court Street subway station.
The Court St. subway station closed in 1946; it reopened in 1976 as the New York Transit Museum.
"New Fulton St. Subway Branch Opened Today by Mayor"; The Brooklyn Daily Eagle, Weds., April 8, 1936 (pages 1, 3). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IND_Fulton_Street_Line
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 27, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE