Oregon Ceramic Studio, Historic Photo
Founded in 1937, the Museum of Contemporary Craft was originally located in 3934 SW Corbett Avenue. At the time, it was known as the Oregon Ceramic Studio and became the Contemporary Crafts Gallery in 1965. The studio was built with WPA labor and donated materials and was dedicated to investigating and advancing the “role of craft and design in contemporary culture while at the same time honoring the history of the studio craft movement.” (Museum of Contemporary Craft)
In 2007 the museum moved to a new building on Davis St. Status of the original building unknown.
Project originally submitted by Elise Tam Cooc on December 18, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE