WPA Bulletin, 1937: “Amesbury now has a secondary municipal auditorium, auxiliary town hall and community center with the completion of a WPA project which remodeled the old fire headquarters building for that purpose. The building on School Street was erected in 1829, served as the first schoolhouse in the settlement and was later made into a fire station, serving that purpose until the new fire headquarters building was dedicated in 1927.”
Works Progress Bulletin, Massachusetts: Nov. 15, 1937 (pg. 3). http://archive.org/details/worksprogressbul3637unit
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 5, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE