This house “was built in 1765 by Roger Morris, a British military officer, and served as a headquarters for both sides in the American Revolution” (wikipedia). It was declared a national landmark in 1961 and is now a house museum. The WPA photos pictured here show that the Jumel mansion was restored with New Deal assistance in the 1930s.
National Archives and Records Administration http://en.wikipedia.org http://www.morrisjumel.org/introduction/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE