Projects w1209, w1226-1 and w1226-2 constructed buildings on the campus of then Mississippi State College (now Mississippi State University). The projects were part of a 5-year building program from 1934-1939 totaling $1,424,478. Magruder Hall was constructed 1937-1938 as a dormitory. Stevens and Johnston designed the 3-story Georgian Revival brick building constructed by M. T. Reed Construction Company.
Report No. 5. Status of Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects. Region No. 3 Mississippi. (January 3, 1940). Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works Projects Division, p. 105.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History. Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved September 1, 2019 from
State's 5-year building program cost $1,200,000. (Dec. 25, 1938). Clarion-Ledger, p. 7.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on September 2, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE