"Civilization Through the Arts and Crafts as Taught to the Neophyte Indians"
The school contains two 6′ x 24′ murals “Civilization Through the Arts and Crafts as Taught to the Neophyte Indians” and “Mission San Francisco de Asis.” They were painted by Edith Hamlin in 1936-37 with funding from the WPA Federal Art Project. Betty Willey and Jay Risling assisted. Hamlin retouched the murals herself in 1973. Both murals were originally located in the school library.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE