Mendoza Elementary School WPA Plaque
In 1934, the Public Works Administration (PWA) approved a loan of $4.2 million for a school building program in Fort Worth. Rufino Mendoza Elementary School (then called Denver Avenue Elementary School), built in 1910, received a new auditorium wing between 1935 and 1936. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) under the direction of Hare and Hare of Kansas City landscaped the school grounds from 1935 to 1937.
Historic Schools Survey Report http://fortworthtexas.gov/uploadedFiles/Planning_and_Development/Planning_and_Design_(template)/Historic%20Schools%20Survey%20report%20web.pdf
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on January 23, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE