The Melrose Park Library is located in the building that was previously the main post office for Melrose Park. In 2007 “Airmail” was rediscovered hidden by a drop ceiling. It was painted by Edwin Boyd Johnson in 1937 with funding from the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.
Size: 8′ long, 4 1/2 high
Restoration Info: Restored by Parma Conservation and returned to Melrose Park in 2010.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/melroseparklibrary/4090175213/in/set-72157622770613092/ Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE