McCormick's Creek State Park FiretowerSource: DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory
The CCC constructed firetowers on steel frameworks to help protect the new plantings and existing forests. The firetower at McCormick’s Creek was completed in 1934 by CCC laborers. The firetower stands around 100′ tall.
Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Historic Site and Structures Inventory
Project originally submitted by Indiana Division of Historic Preservation/Nicole Cory on June 21, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE