Marinette County Courthouse
The striking Art Deco-style Marinette County Courthouse was constructed in 1941-2, and its construction was tied to F.D.R.’s New Deal. At the time, a project of this scale would have likely proceeded with a Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) grant; however the local government’s application for such funding assistance fell through. The Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) would become involved with multiple aspects of the courthouse’s development: razing the previous courthouse on the site; construction of the new building; and landscaping the sidewalks and property surrounding the new structure.
"U.S. Approves New Courthouse For Marinette", Green Bay Press-Gazette, Thurs., Sept. 12, 1940 (pg. 5)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish and Brent McKee on November 14, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE