Old Llano County Library, South Elevation
Project type: Libraries, Education and Health
Contractors: Works Progress Administration
Quality of Information: Moderate
Site Survival: ExtantView Project in a Separate Window
The Works Progress Administration and the Llano Women’s Culture Club teamed together to build a library on the southwest corner of the courthouse square in Llano, Texas in 1939. The WPA provided 70% of the resources for the one-story native flagstone veneered building, and the literary club provided the other 30%.
The building is currently used as the Llano County Clerk’s office.
NRHP Nomination form - Llano County Courthouse Historic District
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on May 29, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE