Llano County Public Library (former) – Llano TX

Started:
Completed:
Quality of Information:
Marked:
Site Survival:
View Project in a Separate Window

Description

The Works Progress Administration and the Llano Women’s Culture Club teamed together to build a library on the southwest corner of the courthouse square in Llano, Texas in 1939. The WPA provided 70% of the resources for the one-story native flagstone veneered building, and the literary club provided the other 30%.

The building is currently used as the Llano County Clerk’s office.

Source notes

NRHP Nomination form - Llano County Courthouse Historic District

Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on May 29, 2016.

We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.

SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE

Location Info


107 W Sandstone St
Llano, TX 78643

Coordinates: 30.7492656, -98.6759935

Leave a Reply

Before leaving a comment, please note:

  • Comments allow viewers to share information with others or alert us to errors or changes in a New Deal site.
  • We are not involved in the management of New Deal sites and have no information about visits, hours or rentals.
  • This page shows all the information we have for this site; if you have new information or photos to share, click below.

SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE

We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.