"The Circus" PanelPhotos provided by Luis Stephenberg of Lincoln Hospital administration
In 1938, artist Albert Kelly painted a multi-panel mural entitled “The Circus” (it may also have been known as “Circus Parade”) for the children’s ward at the old Lincoln Hospital (then located at 141st St. and Southern Blvd.) in the Bronx. In 1976, the hospital moved to its present location on 149th St. The mural’s current status is unknown, but it was probably lost in the demolition of the old hospital c. 2010.
http://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/items/detail/circus-10384 Personal conversation with Lincoln Medical Center employee.
Project originally submitted by Richard Walker on November 11, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE